There are approximately 15 presentations on the first day, and 5 workshops running on the second day.
Notable speakers from the WordPress industry include:
- Paul Gibbs – BuddyPress core developer from the UK
- John Ford – an Automattic employee from the US who works on VaultPress
- Dion Hulse (DD32) – WordPress core committer from NSW, Australia
- Dan Milward – Owner of Instinct Entertainment, the creators of the popular WP e-Commerce plugin
- Ryan Allen from Envato
- Glenn Todd from Dvize, a Melbourne-based web agency
and many more.
WordCamps are not only a great way to learn about WordPress – they are perfect for networking with others in the industry.
I’ve always found that they attract a wide range of people including:
- WordPress end-users
- web developers
- graphic designers
- users of other blogging/cms platforms
- business owners
As one of the organisers of WordCamp Melbourne, we have put in a lot of work to help ensure the event is a success.
If you’re thinking of coming along, please do so. And be sure to find me and say hello!